- Buy the fireworks from the reliable sellers possessing licence.
- Always an adult should supervise the use of fireworks.
- Safety precautions marked on the fireworks should be strictly followed.
- Use a candle or an agarbathi to ignite the fireworks.
- Always keep a bucket of water at hand to extinguish an incipient fire.
- Aerial fireworks should be used in a safe landing zone.
- Never ignite fireworks while holding them. Put them down then ignite them and walk away.
- Don’t put fireworks in any container to ignite.
- Any malfunctioning fireworks should be abandoned.
- Never ignite aerial fireworks where overhead obstruction(tree, leaves, wires etc.) may interfere with trajectory into open air space. Never ignite aerial fireworks near an opening to a building. An open garage door or window could allow aerial fireworks to fly into the structure and cause a fire.
- Never use fireworks inside house.
- Use fireworks outdoors, but not on the public thoroughfare.
- Never experiment or make your own fireworks.
- Never re-light a “dud” fireworks (wait 15 to 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Do not use spurious / illegal fireworks.
- Fireworks should not be used between 10.00 pm & 6 am as per Supreme court order.